Passionate About Youth Ministry?
St. Mary's Seeking Full Time Youth Minister
St. Mary’s-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Youth Ministries who will oversee all aspects of ministry to youth (grades 5th-12th) and serve as a model for young people with respect to personal lifestyle, spiritual well-being, and participation in parish life.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and implement weekly, monthly, and annual programs and activities as well as supervise and support interns and volunteers
- Oversee and encourage communication among students, parents, interns, parish and staff
- Develop a Youth Committee and participate in Youth Committee meetings
- Build relationships with youth and their families, both in and out of church, as well as help facilitate the ministry of interns to function in similar personal ways
- Work closely with staff and other ministry teams to coordinate programs, scheduling, and planning
- Prepare annual budget for the youth ministry for approval, and administer approved budget
- Participate in programs that promote personal spiritual growth and continuing education to keep current on trends and methods in the youth ministry field
The Director of Youth Ministries will have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with coursework in child and adolescent development, as well as 2-3 years of experience. The candidate must have excellent communication and administrative skills and be knowledgeable in the traditions and beliefs of the Episcopal Church. (View complete job description here.)
If you are interested in this position, please email Kristina Zirschky with Ministry Architects for more information.